Country: England, United Kingdom
Wrote a review Jun 2019
3 Star amenities, 5 star service
This hotel was an extremely lovely hotel right in the heart of Cusco. It was booked for a day before our Inca trail trek and two days after. We decided to stay here for our honeymoon after reading the reviews.
This hotel manages to have a charming Peruvian boutique feel but actually being very functional. Amenities are 3 Star, but service and functionality are 5 star.
Some really great positives :
- the breakfast starts really early which is great for travellers about to do the Inca trail, it also has great coffee and fresh eggs made with the usual continental stuff. I don’t think a 530am breakfast is common in cusco
- the shower is very spacious and strong power, again they understood this hotel will cater to hikers and will want a shower obliteration when they are home
- the shower products and soap are lovely
- the rooms are spacious and have a couple of English channels on the tv
- the reception are nice and helpful and have great English. They put our bags in our room after a long trek, they gave us waterbottles for cold nights
- reception has unlimited clean water and loads of tea (I’m English so I love tea)
-they gave us a lovely honeymoon treat and remembered who we were the whole time
- the rooms are nicely decorated and charming
There are a couple of downsides and I think they are reflected in other reviews, but worth mentioning…
- the hotel can get quite noisy at random times, this didn’t bother us as we are early risers and out and about but is not a quiet place to stay
- there are a few steps to get to the hotel and to the best rooms and terrace, not great for people who don’t like walking or anyone with accessibility issues (but all of cusco has steps and hills)
- we stayed in two different rooms and they each had two small double beds in. It would have been nice to have a large double bed in, not suitable for chubby westerners, this might have been my fault when booking.
- it would be nice to have bigger towels, slippers and /or bathrobes, but this is a minor thing
Thank you casa san blas